16 Ways to Get Noticed, Liked and Create Engagement on Facebook
Facebook can be a great way to increase your online presence. Traffic is a huge part of becoming successful online. Knowing how to use Facebook to your advantage will be an asset to your business. Below are sixteen ways to get noticed, liked and create engagement on Facebook:
- Did you just create a new page? Ask everyone and anyone you know to like your page, even if you have to turn to friends and family. Your objective here is simply to get the ball rolling.
- Use videos that are only revealed when they like your page. Make sure the videos are very good to excellent – you don’t want to disappoint. Short and great is much better than long and boring.
- Run a competition. Run LOTS of competitions. People love contests – they’re fun, they get to win stuff, and you don’t look like you’re promoting but you do build your list – it’s a win-win for everyone.
- Ask questions on Facebook. Nothing promotes engagement more than asking and responding to people’s ideas and especially opinions on a hot topic. In fact, questions get double the rate of comments that statements get.
- Do you know what’s even more powerful than questions? Fill in the blank posts generate 9 times as many comments as regular posts. For example, “The thing I love about Sunday is…”
- Add a Facebook Social Plugin to your website and blog. Yes, some marketers still haven’t done this, yet doing so can result in more exposure, more fans, more business… etc.
- Use photos and videos whenever possible. They get shared 2-3 times more than written content.
- Find places to add a link to your Facebook page. Email signatures are a great one, so are articles, blogposts, other social media, forum signatures, etc
- Go for quality over quantity. Post once or twice a day with really great posts. The exception? If you’re posting news – then you’ll want to post slightly more often.
- Post news. Anything that is relevant and current for your particular niche. If you look like you are on the breaking edge of what’s happening, people will naturally pay attention to all of your Facebook postings. Use Google Alerts to stay abreast of breaking news.
- Give people a reason to like your page. Incentives work great. But even using the word “because” can increase your likes. “Please like our page because we want to impact as many people as possible.”
- Offer something special just to your Facebook fans. For example, a product discount or a special bonus when they purchase your product or service.
- The shorter the post, the higher the level of engagement. Memorize that rule.
- Share other people’s stuff. Did you know that when you share someone’s content on Facebook, you can create a notification to tell them you shared it? Write their name in the status and Facebook will alert them with the mention function. This is a great icebreaker for networking with other people in your niche.
- Have an awesome header image. Pay to have this created if you don’t have the skills because it makes an excellent first impression.
- Engage. Engage engage engage. Like other people’s content when it fits well with your audience. Respond to comments. Always stay positive. And have fun.
Facebook can be a great ‘time stealer’ so make sure you are using Facebook to enhance your business and don’t get caught up with the ‘funny videos’, ‘cute kittens’ and ‘dodgy dances’! Set a time limit for your ‘fun’ Facebook time otherwise you’ll find your day has been spent doing nothing worthwhile to help your business succeed.
If you’d like to find out more ways to get traffic click this link to download your free resource to get free traffic.