Effective Squeeze Pages – 13 ways to make Your Squeeze Pages Convert

by | Sep 19, 2017 | Building an online business | 12 comments

So the question everyone seems to be asking is “How can I make effective squeeze pages to convert at unbelievable rates?” Here are 13 actions that you can take when constructing every landing page to increase your conversions.

1. The first question you must ask yourself is “who am I talking to?”

Essentially this boils down to who are they and what exactly do they want. However, the even bigger aspect involves using the appropriate words and images to appeal to certain customers that come into contact with your squeeze page.

2. Less Is Better

The most common mistake that people make when it comes to crafting a squeeze page is believing more is better.

That belief would make sense if people would pay attention, read all the information, and then act accordingly. Sadly, that is not the case. The overwhelming majority of people will see a crowded page, become bored or anxious, and leave the page. KEEP IT SIMPLE and think about the average person’s attention span (3 seconds).

3. Split-test EVERYTHING.

Test it all ( graphics, opt-in button, fonts, your colors, headlines, etc… )

4. Remember everything should trickle down from the headline.

So different font colors and sizes are fine, but that headline should be your one concrete focal point that immediately captures everyone’s attention.

5. Consistency is the key.

Do not list information that could ever be perceived as being counterintuitive to the point. For example, do not construct a headline that reads “The unbelievable benefits of weight loss” and then include bullet points that focus on the benefits of exercise. Inconsistencies lead to confusion, which leads to losing potential customers.

6. Relevant

This might sound obvious, but make sure your sales page and squeeze page are centered around one another. In other words, do not have a sales page that informs readers about strategies to generate traffic and then have a squeeze page that refers to internet marketing in general.

7. Be enticing and sell the benefits.

You are not selling a rack of ribs. You are selling the sweet and zesty taste of the sauce, the tender meat that brings satisfaction to all, and the smell that fills up a room.

Entice

8. Disregard your personal opinion.

You might think that you found the greatest headline, bullet points, and color scheme, but in reality, it boils down to the central question (“what converts the best?”). Remember #3. TEST EVERYTHING.

9. Think about that fold.

Remember, your squeeze page is likely to extend past that fold, which divides a computer screen into what people see without scrolling and the bottom that is accessible to those who choose to scroll. The difference is that those who want to scroll should be the individuals who have not made up their minds. So that means the non-scrollers should see the most important stuff (the headline, bullets, and opt-in form).

10. Tell them what needs to be done.

Apparently, your visitors are looking for something. Why else would they be on your squeeze page? Do not be long-winded. Simply tell them what they are getting and what they need to do.

11. Colors make a difference.

It may be hard to believe, but distinct colors have been shown to convert more often than others; however, these colors vary based on your offers and audience. So try some different colors and test, test, test.

Note: Try introducing opposite colors from the color wheel to your page and see if that helps.

12. Radiate true characteristics.

This means putting your contact information at the bottom of the page, displaying your logo, including concrete testimonials that sound great, and including how long you have been in business. Additionally, you can include any awards or certificates that show legitimacy. Remember, DO NOT clutter the page.

13. Ask questions.

The best squeeze page tactic is to simply ask questions that can be answered with a “yes” or a “no.” For example, “Would you like to lose 15 pounds?” Do you want to be loved by everyone? Would you like to look 5 years younger?” Just by being on your website they are in a so- called “yes frame of mind,” which essentially means introducing these types of questions almost guarantees they will choose to opt into your list.

The best training I’ve had on creating squeeze pages and follow up series is with Misha Wilson at Super Affiliate Network.  After finishing the course and putting everything I learnt into practice my email list increased by 400% overnight and my sales revenue increased by 249%.  So, you can see why I would recommend this course.  Click here to find out more.

12 Comments

1. Ilias

Hi Jackie, it is an interesting article. I have spent much time to improve my writing skills but I have not followed a training or a course about squeeze pages before like the one you recommend.

However, I have added a call to action on site. Just a simple phrase in a white background and a “get started” button. It works but I am sure that I could get even better results.

Do you think that I should apply your #8 tip and try different phrases, colors, and placement?

• Jackie

Hello Ilias

I would definitely try different connotations. You may find you can increase your conversions with just a tweak here and there.  I’m pleased you CTA works so you must be doing something right.

Jackie

2. Minhaj

Hi Jackie
    Great tips on creating a high converting landing page, I think number 2 is very important. Don’t let your customers get distracted by unnecessary and irrelevant information. Do you use a particular landing page creator? I have a GetResponse account and they have a decent landing page builder but I am looking for a standalone builder.
    Thanks for the tips

• Jackie

Hello Minhaj

Thanks for stopping by.

I have created my own landing page using the function within my theme (Divi by Elegant Themes)

But I have just started using someone to create my landing pages and have found the conversions have increased significantly.

Good luck

Jackie

3. Champ

Hi Jackie! Really like this page. I’m already checking out squeeze pages and how to build them into my blog.

Would you suggest I focus efforts (I’m really early in the process) on building traffic or should I start building sales and marketing structures for monetization?

Now, because of your recommendation of Misha Wilson, I’m now seriously thinking about solo ads. Do they work? Did you use them here?

4. Champ

Hi Jackie, I’m new to blogging and learning how to build a business online. I really appreciate the information on this page.

I’ve never worked with squeeze pages and haven’t yet monetized my own sites. Would you suggest I focus more on traffic? Or should I start to build the structure for capitalizing on the traffic I may get?

Thanks,

5. NathanG

Thank you, Jackie, for sharing your insight on effective squeeze pages. I will bookmark your post and follow your recommendations the next time I attempt to create a page. Sometimes my pages do well; other times they bomb. Upon reflection, I think I probably tried to cram too much in, instead of enticing the desired action. I was wondering which programs you use to create/host your capture pages? Thanks for the valuable information.

• Jackie

Hi Nathan, thanks for visiting.

I have made my own landing pages using the ‘landing page’ option within my theme (Divi from Elegant Themes)

Recently I have decided to have my landing pages created for me as, to be completely honest, I’m hopeless at anything creative.  I’ve seen a increase in optins since doing this.

If you’re interested in having someone doing this for, I would suggest you begin by trying Fiverr – it’s where I looked in the beginning.  Once you have found someone who delivers what you need you’ll be able to go back to that seller.  It’s also a very cheap to dip your toe in the water.

Hope this helps

Jackie

6. Ed

Hi Jackie,
    Very good advice on making squeeze pages convert, I will be putting them to good use on my website.
    Could you give me a few more details about Super Affiliate Network?
    What training does it provide?
    How much does it cost?
    It sounds interesting but would like to know more about it before giving out my email address.
    Thanks,
    Ed

• Jackie

Hi Ed

Thank you for your comment.

I have been a member of Wealthy Affiliate for more than 4 years and couldn’t imagine not being a part of this awesome community.

I joined the Super Affiliate Network after lots of deliberation and research.  I learn so much at Wealthy Affiliate but wanted the opportunity to earn bigger commissions.

To be honest, I don’t think I could have managed at Super Affiliate Network without my prior knowledge (although there is a ‘done for you’ option which was enticing)  The training is good and fast paced with lots of help along the way.

I’m extremely pleased I joined Super Affiliate Network but I would recommend you take a look and see what you think.

Good luck

Jackie

7. Leonard Harris

Thanks,

• Jackie

Hey Leonard

Thank you for your comment.

I believe the best thing you can do is to start on building your list.  Once you have that on the go you can concentrate on traffic and offering valuable and quality information.

It may seem the wrong way round but as you go along you’ll be able to tweak and improve.

I hope this helps