Udimi for Solo Ads

by | May 25, 2018 | Solo Ad Success, Working From Home For Women | 11 comments

Let’s start with a quick refresher on solo ads.

Solo ads are advertisements you send out through another person’s email list. You compose an email with your links in it, and then you give that email to the list owner, who will send that email to their list.

In order for solo ads to be most effective, you want to ensure that the email list is within your niche. For instance, if you have a cooking blog, sending an email to a general interest list will not get you as many clicks as would sending it to a list comprised of people whose hobby is cooking.

Udimi is fairly straightforward and user-friendly. Within the platform you compose your email, find a seller, buy your solo ad, and then track metrics.

Udimi - Buy Solo Ads

You sign up to join Udimi and joining is free. There is an option to become a prime member. If you are new to solo ads, prime membership is most likely not going to be advantageous to you. It is for individuals who use the site regularly and are experienced solo ad users. The biggest feature you’ll receive as a prime member is more in-depths metrics. As a free user of the site, you still get metrics, but they will only be available to you for a period of time (at last check, 60 days). Prime members can also see heat maps and watch how users interact with their site in a video.

There are a variety of ways to pay for solo ads, but with Udimi, you will pay a small administration fee to Udimi (at last glance, it was $3). Then, you pay per click. You can pay for 50 to 1,000 clicks for around $0.30 – $0.60 per click. In this way, you are able to control your budget. Say you have $100 to spend on a solo ad. If the pay per click is $0.50 per click, you could afford 200 clicks. But wait! Don’t forget the $3 administration fee. So, sticking to that budget, buy 194 clicks. Pay-per-click cost ($97) + Administration Fee ($3) = $100.

With Udimi, you are able to see a seller’s metrics – so it is easier to determine if someone is running a scam. The otherUdimi for solo ads benefit is that you are able to filter sellers by a variety of metrics: niche, cost, ratings, etc.

One feature I enjoy, comes at the time of placing your order. There are a variety of filters you may apply, such as making sure your ads are sent to individuals living in the wealthiest countries. Keep in mind, using some of the filters will increase the per-click-cost.

After your email is sent, as I stated before, even for free users, there are a lot of metrics you can view. You are also able to learn detailed information about each visitor who visits your site due to the Udimi Solo ad.

11 Comments

1. Reyhana

Solo ads is definitely something that I want to look into, right after I look into email marketing, so I can get a better idea of how it works. I have known people who have been very successful using solo ads. Do you have any good email marketing training that I can find at all? thanks!

• Jackie

Hello Reyhana

Thanks for visiting.

There are loads of email training courses on the web but the best I’ve found so far (and the course that has yielded the best results) is here

Jackie

2. Christopher

Hi Jackie:

Thank for for making me aware of Udimi.

I want to make sure I am understanding how it works:

You are using another person’s email list – is that correct? Is the advantage that you don’t need to have your own? If that is true, it sounds like Udimi can save a lot of time and effort.

How do you find the other person’s email list? Do you share commission with them?

Also, are these existing ads that you send out?

Thanks!

• Jackie

Hello Christopher

Solo ads are a great way to start to build your own email list.

I would always recommend you send your own swipe copy rather than allowing the solo ad vendor to send their own.

If you’d like training on solo ads than I suggest this course.

Jackie

3. Andrew

Hello there! I just finished reading your article about Udimi and just wanted to drop you a quick message to say thanks.

Although I had heard of Udimi before, I hadn’t really payed much attention to it. To be honest I had a couple of bad experiences with really expensive solo add campaigns a while ago and was quite against getting traffic using solos ever again.

However, on looking at the website, it does look like this could well be a really legitimate place to buy traffic.

I really appreciate you sharing this with us. But I was wondering if you could tell me more about your experience with Udimi? Have you made a few purchases here and did the traffic convert into sales?

Thanks in advance!

• Jackie

Hello Andrew

I’m so pleased you found the article useful.

I’ve used Udimi on various occasions and have varied results.  I’ve found some good sellers who I can go back to time after time and find this very useful

Jackie

4. Sharon Whyte

Hi Jackie,

I have heard of Udimi before however never used them. If I spend money I want to get return on investment, I just cannot try something out and lose money as I have done that in the past with other ad platforms.

I know email lists were really good in the past and they probably still do quite well in regards to blasting lists and people opening them. I know, I still check my email daily so maybe this is something to consider in the future. It is great you can filter niches etc and get more targeted lists.

Thanks for sharing your insight into this platform Jackie,
    Cheers, Sharon

5. Sharon Whyte

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for sharing your insight into this platform Jackie,
    Cheers, Sharon

• Jackie

Hi Sharon

I recommend giving Udimi a try.  Building your email list is definitely beneficial to your business.

Good luck

Jackie

6. ZEGU

Thank you so much for your informative post which has introduced me to Solo Ads. It’s my first time to hear about them. Although I should admit at first I thought Solo Ads and email marketings are one and the same thing.
    You have made it so clear by explaining every detail of how it works. Also, the importance of using the site regularly and having the user experience.
    I have bookmarked this post for future reference, I need to familiarise myself first.

• Jackie

Thank you for your kind words.  I’m so pleased this article was useful for you

Jackie