What Is A Solo Ad? An Introduction

by | Sep 7, 2017 | What is..? | 12 comments

A solo ad is when you pay for an ad to be sent to someone else’s email list and in return they send you visitors to a page of your choice so you can build your own email list.

Eg, You contact a solo ad vendor and buy a set number of clicks,(traffic) from that person and they email their list and send traffic to a designated page you have given.

Somebody else sends you traffic from their email list to your offer.  This offer needs to be a free offer as the majority of solo ad vendors will only send their traffic to a free offer.  Remember, the idea of buying a solo ad isn’t necessarily to sell but to build your email list.

The concept of a solo ad is very simple.  You pay someone to deliver traffic to your squeeze page. For such a simple concept though, many people are unaware of how to go about the buying of a solo ad correctly and can be scammed and lose money.

PROS

Traffic is fast

Fairly Cheap

Highly targeted

Can be extremely profitable

CONS

There are some dodgy solo ad vendors.

Must know what you are doing

Questions to ask a Solo ad vendorQuestions

It’s not always about what they say but how they react to your questions.

Asking these specific question of solo ad vendors will help to ensure you buy from a reputable seller.

What type of offers/information does your list like to see?  (Don’t tell them what offer you have)

Do you have a buyer list?

What countries countries is your traffic from. Tier 1,etc. Tier 1 is traffic from the English speaking countries.

What is the product/squeeze you use so that you generate buyers? Some sellers may be cagey about this.  If they aren’t willing to give you their squeeze page they may not be reputable seller so walk away.

How much do you charge per click?  Just because a vendor charges more than $1 per click doesn’t always mean they have better quality traffic than someone charging $0.50 per click.

How long would it take you to send out 100/200 etc clicks?  The quicker the solo ad can be sent the better as it means the results will come in quicker.

Other things to look out for when contacting a solo ad vendor:

If they don’t get back to you for days after the initial contact. If they can’t get back to you quickly (within 24 hours) they may not be committed to providing a good service.

If their sales page is a mess.  It should be clean and tidy, in date, font is clear and not cluttered.  If a vendor can’t be bothered to update the sales page for their solo ad service they may not have their buyers interests at heart.

Being relatively new to solo ads I was thrilled to find a product that took me through the whole process and helped me to increase my email list by more than 600% in the first 8 days.

To find out more about this training click this link or on the image below.  I know you won’t be disappointed.

Solo Ads

12 Comments

1. ariel

I had no idea what solo ads were. Thank you for being so informative about the concept. I found your content really interesting, but I wondered why there was a need to have every white space filled?
    i really enjoyed the information and they way you presented it. and that you offered free tips. that is fabulous.

• Jackie

Hello Ariel, thanks for stopping by and for your comment.  I’m so pleased you found the content useful.

I was wondering if you could clarify your point about the white space.  I’m not sure what you mean.

Thanks again

Jackie

2. roamy

Hello Jackie
    Thanks so much for sharing this post explaining how Solo ads work, like most people online, I have heard about Solo ads but it always seems there is not enough info.
    Now you mention Solo Ads being cheap, but how can one be sure a Solo Ads seller can be trusted and not selling useless traffic?What I mean is for some of us in some narrow and uncommon niches, can we still use Solo Ads?
    Now you mention a seller may charge $1 per click, for someone who has never used Solo Ads, I find this to be expensive.
    Glad to know you have seen the positive side to solo ads.Will give it a try as soon as I can and will let you know how it goes.

• Jackie

Hey Roamy, thanks for stopping by.

I have a couple of posts coming up which will give a bit insight into solo ads so I hope these will help you.

I’d be very interested to find out how your solo ads go.

Good luck

Jackie

3. Juan

Hi Jackie. Let me begin by saying I had no idea what a solo ad was or meant. You were very informative on the topic and I definitely learned something new reading your article. Your site looked very crisp and very clean. I definitely enjoyed all the visuals and found them pertinent to the topic. When you said “the idea of buying a solo ad isn’t necessarily to sell but to build your email list” may I ask why it is important to build up your email list? Thank you and I look forward to your response.

• Jackie

Hello Juan

Thank you for your comment and your kind words.

Having an email list is probably your most important asset in your business.  These are the people with whom you can build a relationship.  Your list will trust you and therefore they will be more willing to buy from you. I hope this helps.

I shall be writing more posts on the subject of solo ads in the coming weeks.

Thanks again

Jackie

4. Austin

This is interesting. I have never heard of solo ads until now. It would seem that this would help me out in the long term with getting emails. With my website, I have not tried that yet, but I want to do it eventually so I can not just have to worry about relying on people finding me through search engines.

• Jackie

Hello Austin,

Thanks for stopping by.

Solo ads are a great way for adding to your email list cheaply and quickly.

Jackie

5. Lane Wesley

This article really helped me. I have been considering running a solo ad, but I really didn’t know the difference. I feel like I have an understanding of them now and will hold off on using one until I start building an email list.

You said vendors can be sketchy. Do you recommend any vendors?

• Jackie

Hello Lane.

Thank you for your comment.

Although I don’t have any vendor recommendations,I always go through the questioning process I mention in my post.  Of course, there are the odd rogues who get through the net but on the whole I’ve find it works for me.

Jackie

6. stefanie

Hi Jackie,
    Very informative article. You have brought something to my attention that I knew nothing about. It sounds very interesting and a worthwhile thing to do now that I have my website up and running.
    It is good to know the things I need to look out for so I don’t get scammed, so thanks, and I shall be back.

• Jackie

I shall look forward to seeing your, Stefanie.

Thanks for stopping by.